The International Conference on Asian and Pacific Coasts (APAC) is an international conference to promote academic and technical exchange on coastal related studies that include coastal engineering and coastal environmental problems, among the Asian and Pacific countries/regions. APAC is jointly supported by the Chinese Ocean Engineering Society (COES), the Coastal Engineering Committee of the Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE), and the Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers (KSCOE). A wide range of organizations from Asian and Pacific countries/regions are its active participants or sponsors. The Conference is held once every two years.
APAC 2019 Vietnam will extend the series of biennial conference the first one being held in Dalian, China in 2001 by the name of Asian and Pacific Coastal Engineering (APACE). To reflect a broader scope, the conference was renamed to Asian and Pacific Coasts (APAC) and it was subsequently held every two years in different countries and regions including Japan (2004), Korea (2005), China (2007), Singapore (2009), Hongkong (2011), Indonesia (2013), India (2015), the Philippine (2017).
These conferences have acted as a welcome forum to report and discuss the latest advancements in Coastal, Ocean and Port Engineering and as such, have always been highly valued by all participants. Undoubtedly, APAC 2019 hosted by Thuyloi University (Hanoi, Vietnam) will provide an opportunity for making numerous personal and professional exchanges in Vietnam and overseas. The theme of this conference is "Living with nature, coping with coastal changes".
- Ocean wave, tides, storm surge and tsunami
- Beach erosion and coastal sediment transport
- Coastal and estuarine hydrodynamics
- Lowland development and reclamation
- Beach development and coastal protection
- Marine ecology and coastal environments
- Marine and offshore renewable energy
- Climate change and coastal adaptation
- Coastal hazards and risk assessment
- Mekong Delta, beach erosion and saltwater intrusion